The Cool Fat Burner is the first and only cooling vest shown (and published in scientific journals) to activate brown fat.
Brown fat, or brown adipose tissue (BAT) is a special kind of fat, found in most mammals, and when one becomes cold, brown fat “turns on” and burns off your regular fat on your hips, stomach, legs, and so on, in order to generate heat.
- most mammals have brown fat (BAT), to keep them warm and to survive during hibernation
- burns regular “white fat” in order to generate heat (white fat = white adipose tissue = regular fat on stomach, hips, legs, cellulite)
- embryologically related to muscle tissue
- high number of mitochondria & vascular supply (gives brown color)
- abundant in human babies; BAT decreases as humans age or gain fat
- women tend to have more BAT than men
- accumulates near major vessels of the trunk, so as to directly warm blood
- increases in amounts when one is consistently exposed to cold (example: outside seasonal workers develop more BAT over winter months)
- our ancestors probably had much more BAT (and were thus leaner) as they did not have constant indoor heating
How many calories can brown fat burn? How much real-world weight-loss can brown fat bring? Watch and find out!*